The above shows my interpretation of incorporating independent activities into my papa mahi or task boards. You will see this in the 'kōwhiringa' section, located at the bottom right-hand side of the task board. My independent tasks include creative activities such as tāoreore (animation), pānui whakaahua (poster), and pixel art.
Although these may not be considered 'high-expectation independent activities' like those on the Epic website, they serve as a placeholder for better things to come (fingers crossed!). As I mentioned in my last blog post, many of the independent activities recommended on RPI Day 5 were in English, which means they don't apply in my kura.
I’ve been discussing with my mentor ways to incorporate high-expectation activities into my timetable—but they require me to create them myself... (sigh). If there are other examples of what teachers in other kura have done, I’d love to hear from you!

Kia ora Tiaira,
ReplyDeleteWell done on your adaptation of the taskboard idea into your papa mahi. Your determination to implement so many of these ideas into your context despite a huge challenge often in locating ready resources!
It's definitely going to be a space requiring resourcing as we head forward, isn't it!? Resourcing is key!
I'll keep my ear out for other RPI teachers at kura around Aotearoa.
Ngā mihi nui,
Amie
RPI Coach
The Manaiakalani Network